Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Quinoa Porridge

I found this recipe in Trail Runner magazine and it is delish!

1 cup quinoa
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 apple, peeled, cored and diced
1 cup walnuts
1 cup raisins or dried cranberries
2 tablespoons maple or agave syrup
1 cup blueberries or other berry

In a medium saucepan, combine the quinoa and 2 cups of water.  Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 12 minutes.  Add cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and milk and simmer covered for an additional 10 minutes.  Stir in apple, walnuts, raisins and syrup.  Cover and let rest 10 minutes.  Serve topped with blueberries. 

I had red quinoa at home so that's what I used.  I also used 1/2 golden raisins and 1/2 cup dried cranberries since that was about all I had of each.  Ty added Tabassco to his and really enjoyed it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment