Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Tomatoes and Egyptian Onions

About a month ago, I was one of the lucky winners of some Egyptian onion bulbs from Anna of the Walden Effect.  As soon as they arrived in the mail, I put them in a newly cleared area of my raised bed where the snap peas had been.  Anna predicted that I'd see growth within two weeks and, lo and behold, she was right:

Egyptian onions

 And, while I was admiring the onions this morning, I noticed that some of our cherry tomatoes are finally starting to ripen!!
Cherry tomatoes
However, the heirloom tomatoes have some more time before they will be ripe - yet another reason that I really hope that this warmer weather can hang on: 


Lastly, the couple of cherry tomatoes that were ready to pick ended in my gorgeous Ruby Receptionists lunch bag.  The few that were overripe and split went to the chicks!



Greek yogurt with raspberries, banana, Honeycrisp apple and two cherry tomatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment