Pages

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Crackers

My friend Krista sent me the link to the second issue of a very cool online magazine called Sweet Paul.  On page 50, you'll find a recipe for Fennel and Parmesan Shortbread.  I love cheeses and crackers so I found the idea of a home-made cracker super interesting.  I made them last night and they were AWESOME!!  A couple of tips for next time are to roll the log tighter and to use a thinner knife to cut them.  I also think I'll cut them a bit thinner and cook them just a bit longer.  Also, mine are darker than in the mag pic because I used whole wheat flour.  Overall, though, super delish and a fun alternative to store-bought crackers.  I'll definitely be making these again maybe even for Molly's baby shower!

The crackers before they went into the oven
The finished product served with cheese

 

No comments:

Post a Comment