Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

Ew...

Will you judge me to know that I put off the deep cleaning until I'm hosting an important event?  Molly's baby shower is tomorrow so I spent this evening cleaning and reorganizing the linen closet, pantry, fridge and under the kitchen sink.  There are so many areas of this house that I've never managed to get on top of in the three and a half years that we've lived here and, until now, the pantry was one of those areas.  It has always been a complete cluster of appliances, mixing bowls, serving pieces, food stuffs, entertaining supplies and other random crap.  Getting the chaos behind that door whipped into shape felt super duper amazing.

Once that was done, I moved on to the fridge.  That was actually pretty scary.  Over 80% of the condiments were expired!!  How does that happen?  I am feeling like a pretty lousy person about that...  but I am hoping to stay on top of it going forward.  Again, please don't judge me...  it is bad enough to know what my mother, grandmothers and aunts would say with total disappointment in their voices!!  Moving on, while I was wiping all the shelves down with vinegar, I discovered that they are all the pull out kind!!  Who knew they even made those for the fridge?  Not me!  Dumping all the contents and sorting the bottles and jars for recycling took a decent amount of time but it was well worth it. 


Lastly, I emptied out the cupboard under the kitchen sink and gave the doors and inside of the cupboard a good vinegary scrub down.  That is an area that gets rather grungy pretty quickly.  


All of these chores are things that really should be done at least twice a year but I somehow only manage to get around to them annually at best.  I'm sure there's lot of other things that I should be doing too that I just don't get to that would probably horrify the above mentioned mother/grandmothers/aunts.  I hope that those of you coming to tomorrow's shower don't think twice after reading this!! 

2 comments:

  1. Hey, we warned you about the condiments back in, um, February?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... now that you mention it, yes, you did! I suck:(.

    ReplyDelete