Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

Cranberry Sauce

I made this cranberry sauce on Wednesday night and served it with our Thanksgiving dinner.  It got rave reviews...

1 pound fresh cranberries
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup water
1 whole orange, unpeeled, seeds removed and chopped fine
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Sprinkle of ground cinnamon


Wash cranberries and set aside.  Bring sugar and water to a boil.  Add cranberries, oranges and cloves (I thought I had cloves but then it turned out that I didn't so I omitted this ingredient and it was fine).  Simmer over a high flame, stirring frequently, until berries pop open.  Add crushed pineapple, walnuts and cinnamon and blend.  Cool and serve.


This only took me about 15 minutes total to make.  The flavor a billion times better than anything you could ever buy in a can so it is totally worth making it from scratch.  It was bright and tart with just a subtle amount of sweetness.  I hope you enjoy! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment