Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

Stuffed Mushrooms

Here's the recipe that I used for the stuffed mushrooms for Isaac's party.  I really liked that they are light - some recipes that I've used end up feeling really heavy and greasy.  

Stuffed Mushrooms by Giada De Laurentiis

1/2 cup Italian-style dried bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano
2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup EVOO
28 large white mushrooms, stemmed

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Stir the bread crumbs, Pecorino Romano, garlic, parsley, mint, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons of EVOO in a medium bowl to blend.

Drizzle a heavy large baking sheet with about one tablespoon of EVOO, to coat.  Spoon the filling into the mushroom cavities and arrange on the baking sheet, cavity side up.  Drizzle remaining EVOO over the filling in each mushroom.  Bake until the mushrooms are tender and the filling is heated through and golden on top,about 25 minutes.  Serve.


When I made this, I didn't measure very carefully and ended up having enough filling left over to fill a bell pepper which I baked off the following day for lunch.  Also, I had a sous chef, Hailey, to do the actual stuffing for me - this was super handy...  she'll have to come and help out at our next party!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment